11 – 13 FEBRUARY 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
When do entries open and close?
Entries Open: Monday, 15 November
Entries Close: Monday 13 December at 5.00pm EST
Late Entries Open: 1 January and close 7 January at 5.00pm EST (Late entries will be considered where class numbers allow and will be taken on Nominate and incur a $50 Late Fee per class)
Competitors must comply with the Government’s COVID-19 requirements at the time of the show.
The Event COVIDSafe Plan will be published on this website when available.
Current settings and information is also published on the COVID-19 Useful Resources page on the Equestrian Victoria website.
All enquiries can be made by visiting www.wpnec.com.au or by phoning Werribee Park National Equestrian Centre on (03) 9741 7672. Stables must not be on sold.
What is the Timetable?
The Competition Timetable can be viewed here.
Height certificates need to be presented at check in for verification before breast plate numbers will be stamped and issued.
There will be measuring on at Barastoc and the times can be viewed on the Equestrian Victoria Live Calendar on the EV website.
What membership level do I need to compete?
Please refer to the Competition Schedule for the full Conditions of Entry.
Level of Membership: Competitors (owners, led class competitors) for the 2022 Barastoc Horse of the Year –
Equestrian Victoria Show Horse & Rider State Title classes (Section One) must be an EV Financial member at time ofentry as follows:
- All Riders in State Title classes (Section 1) must be Competitor or Show Horse Members of EV at time of entry.
- All Owners of exhibits in State Title Classes must be Competitor, Participant, Show Horse or Supporter Members of EV at time of entry.
- All Handlers in the Leading Rein Classes must be Competitor, Participant, or Show Horse members of EV at time of entry.
- All Riders in other events (Section Two – Owner Rider, Newcomers, Off the Track, Riders under 9 years only, Ridden Shetland and Peter Gahan Memorial Trophy) must be Competitor or Participant or Show Horse members of EV at time of entry.
- All Owners of Exhibits in Section Two as above must be Competitor, Participant, show horse Competitor or Supporter Members of EV at time of entry.
Please refer to Equestrian Victoria website under Rules, Regs and forms – National Membership Structure for clarification. This regulation is NOT applicable to Breed, Sport Horses or HRCAV or Pony Club classes.
All Owners, riders or handlers must comply with the membership requirements.
nterstate riders are not permitted to ride at the Equestrian Victoria Show Horse & Rider State Titles or in EA Australasian Show Horse & Rider Championship qualifying events.