12 – 14 FEBRUARY 2021
Workouts for Barastoc Horse of the Year 2021 are now available to download below.
If the Workout for your class has not been published, it will be available as soon as possible and announced on this website and the Barastoc Horse of the Year Facebook Page.
Classes 1 – 7
Child’s Show Hunters
Classes 8 – 14
Child’s Show Hacks
Junior Rider under 9yrs
Classes 16 & 29
Classes 17 – 21
Show Hunter Galloways & Ponies
Classes 22 & 23
Open Small and Large Hunter
Junior Rider under 12yrs
Intermediate Rider 12-14yrs
Intermediate Rider 15-17yrs
Classes 27 & 28
Class 30 & 31 & Class 34
Open Small & Medium Pony
Open Large Galloway
Classes 32, 33, 35 & 36
Open Large Pony Hack
Open Small Galloway Hack
Open Small & Large Hack
Classes 46 – 54
PETER GAHAN WORKOUT
- Enter through the centre entry point at the rising trot up the centre.
- When level with the judge, sitting trot then turn right at the end.
- Change rein across the diagonal showing lengthened strides, (sitting or rising.)
- Turn left and continue in rising trot and turn left up the quarter-line.
- When parallel with the judge, halt. Rein back 4 paces and continue in walk for about 10 metres.
- Canter left and continue down the next long side, making a circle left of half the arena’s width. (15 metres).
- Continue down the long side then change rein across the diagonal and change lead through the sitting trot.
- Turn right across the short side and turn across the opposite diagonal at the lengthened canter.
- Before the corner, trot and continue on the left rein up the quarter line again.
- Walk for the last 20 metres then halt parallel to the judge.
- Exit the arena at the trot through the left exit point.
Proud sponsors of Barastoc Horse of the Year for over 50 years.